1) Start up the PICAXE Programming Editor
- Make sure that PICAXE-18x is selected (in View / Options...)
Go to the Editor tab in options..
- Make sure that Text-mode Colour syntax is selected
- Make sure that Compiler-Enhanced is selected
(if these aren't set correctly you won't be able to simulate)
- You should see the BASIC page. (if not, Click the Basic button.. )
2) Enter the following BASIC program in Programming Editor:
(you don't have to type in the green bits to get it to work.)
3) Simulate the program
in Programming Editor
Click on Simulate/Step on the menu bar.
(If you can't see the Simulate menu, make sure the editor options
are set correctly at Step 1 above)
The Simulator is ready to run the program, but won't do anything
until you tell it to step to the next basic command.
There should be a Simulate window on the PC screen like this:
Step round the program.
the step button
Each line will be highlighted as it briefly runs.
Practice turning inputs on and off in the simulator:.
the input buttons
Each input will go on and off (change colour)
as you click it.
4) How does the state of input1 change the program flow?
Keep clicking on the step button to make the program follow the various loops.
Now fill out the following table:
Content Scl Version 22/4/07